Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The first real job offer. I made it go 'kaput'.

So. I turned down my first real job offer today. It was such a whirlwind. I met the lady who my mom is friends with on Sunday, when she had given me her card, by Monday we had set an interview up for Wednesday at 9 AM, and by 2:30 PM on Wednesday the job was offered to me. Now, mind you, this was my first "real job" interview- not one sitting in a restaurant or walking around a stable meeting people and horses. The lady made me an offer with a nice salary, and..........................



I didn't take it. I refused. I told her that I wouldn't want to take a job that someone else would be better suited for, and that I did appreciate how nice it was of her to schedule me in and give me this opportunity. And that was that.

I could have been a technical editor and word processor in merely a few weeks. But I chose against it, the reasons for myself being that I would be utterly bored with a job like that, find no excitement in the office, location, nor position, and would be burnt out and mad at myself for another false start in about a week. I'm glad I didn't take it. But what the f***? Why did it have to be this way? Here I remain, serving at the Olive Garden.

No comments: